From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Almshouses are charitable housing provided to enable people (typically elderly people who can no longer work to earn enough to pay rent) to live in a particular community. They are often targeted at the poor of a locality, at those from certain forms of previous employment, or their widows, and are generally maintained by a charity or the trustees of a bequest.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Asilo de Mendigos, Pelotas, Brasil (2 F)
- ► Almshouses in Belgium (6 C, 2 F)
- ► Church of St John's almshouse (10 F)
- ► Almshouses in the Netherlands (5 C, 3 F)
- ► Almshouses in Russia (11 C, 38 F)
- ► Almshouses in Switzerland (1 C)
- ► Almshouses in the United States (5 C, 15 F)
Media in category "Almshouses"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.