From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Almshouses are charitable housing provided to enable people (typically elderly people who can no longer work to earn enough to pay rent) to live in a particular community. They are often targeted at the poor of a locality, at those from certain forms of previous employment, or their widows, and are generally maintained by a charity or the trustees of a bequest.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Almshouse in Austria (1 C)
- ► Almshouses in Estonia (1 C)
- ► Almshouses in Germany (15 C, 9 F)
- ► Almshouses in the Netherlands (7 C)
- ► Almshouses in Russia (17 C, 37 F)
Media in category "Almshouses"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.