Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Anıtkabir (literally, "memorial tomb") is the mausoleum of Gazi Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the leader of the Turkish War of Independence and the founder and first President of the Republic of Turkey. It is located in Ankara and was designed by architects Professor Emin Onat and Assistant Professor Ahmet Orhan Arda, whose proposal beat 48 other entries from several countries in a competition held by the Turkish Government in 1941 for a "monumental tomb" for Atatürk. The site is also the final resting place of İsmet İnönü, the second President of Turkey, who was interred there after he died in 1973. His tomb faces the Atatürk Mausoleum, on the opposite side of the Ceremonial Ground.
Atatürk's mausoleum in Ankara, Turkey
|Made from material|
|Date of official opening|
Lions Road (Aslanlı Yol)
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- Construction of Anıtkabir (2 F)
- Interior of Anıtkabir (2 C, 7 F)
- Anıtkabir at night (7 F)
- Towers in Anıtkabir (7 C, 3 F)
Pages in category "Anıtkabir"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Anıtkabir"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Anıt kabir.jpg 2,901 × 2,901; 1.33 MB
- Anıtkabir Ulus 10.11.44.jpg 1,300 × 1,845; 2.98 MB
- Anıtkabir, 00.jpg 3,264 × 4,928; 1.61 MB
- Anıtkabir, 02.jpg 4,928 × 3,264; 1.37 MB
- Anıtkabir, 03.jpg 4,402 × 2,916; 1.01 MB
- Anıtkabir, Tıp Bayramında saygı duruşundaki insanlar.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 908 KB
- Ataturk's Mausoleum.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 1.74 MB
- Icon of Anıtkabir.jpg 534 × 538; 27 KB
- Isaac Herzog state visit to Turkey, March 2022 (GPOHA1 0743).jpg 3,000 × 1,746; 1.04 MB
- Isaac Herzog state visit to Turkey, March 2022 (GPOZAC 7394).jpg 3,000 × 1,866; 478 KB