Anamudi (Malayalam: ആനമുടി) is the highest peak in the Western Ghats in India, having an elevation of 2,695 metres (8,842 ft). It is located in the southern region of Eravikulam National Park at the junction of the Cardamom Hills, the Anaimalai Hills and the Palni Hills. The nearest town is Munnar, 13 km away. Anamudi is a derived word from Malayalam meaning "Elephant Peak" and Anamudi, meaning elephant's brow as well as Elephant Head or Peak. Anamudi is the highest point in South India, and also the highest point in India outside the Himalayas.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Anamudi"
The following 22 files are in this category, out of 22 total.
- ANAIMUDI MASSIF.jpg 1.15 MB
- Anaimudi munnar.jpg 7.12 MB
- Anaimudi munnar1.jpg 7.76 MB
- Anaimudi munnar3.jpg 8.26 MB
- Anaimudi N.P.&Anamalais.jpg 1.25 MB
- Anaimudi peak.jpg 5.27 MB
- Anaimudi.jpg 1.07 MB
- Anamudi 1.jpg 2.29 MB
- Anamudi kerala.jpg 588 KB
- Anamudi peak, Munnar.jpg 85 KB
- Anamudi1.jpg 8.02 MB
- Eravikulam National Park.jpg 1.17 MB
- Kerala hill station.jpg 6.31 MB
- Kerala peak.jpg 8.56 MB
- Top of hill.jpg 611 KB
- TREE FERN Western Ghats.jpg 5.94 MB
- TREE FERNS AnaimudiN.P.jpg 6.54 MB