|This object is indexed in the Archaeological Survey of Ireland under SMR No. GA069-001007-
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment Viewer – Database record.
English: The nunnery at Annaghdown was according to tradition founded by St. Brendan in the 6th century and put under the direction of his sister Briga. In c. 1144 the nunnery became Arroasian and was joined to the Abbey of St. Mary de Portu Patrum. Ruins of an early church close to the ruins of St. John the Baptist de Cella Parva are assumed to belonged to this nunnery.