Category:Apollo Theater (New York City)
The Apollo Theater at 253 West 125th Street between Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard and Frederick Douglass Boulevard in the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City is a music hall which is a noted venue for African-American performers. The theater was built in 1913-14 as "Hurtig & Seamon's New Burlesque Theater", and was designed by George Keister in the neo-Classical style. It became the Apollo in 1934, when it was opened to black patrons – previously it has been a whites-only venue.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Apollo Theater (New York City)"
The following 28 files are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Apollo floor.jpg 7.18 MB
- Apollo Marquee 2006.jpg 486 KB
- Apollo neon sign.jpg 6.81 MB
- Apollo sign 2.jpg 5.88 MB
- Apollo sign 3.jpg 6.86 MB
- Apollo Theater 2.jpg 90 KB
- Apollo Theater NYC.jpg 6.48 MB
- Apollo Theater.jpg 118 KB
- Apollo theater.jpg 675 KB
- Apollo Theatre from east.jpg 1.13 MB
- Apollo Theatre from west.jpg 1.12 MB
- Apollo-theatre-2008.jpg 772 KB
- Harlem - Apollo Theater.jpg 421 KB
- JB Apollo Memorial.jpg 139 KB
- Michael (3982624670).jpg 7.86 MB