Category:Archaeological Museum of Olympia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
archaeological museum in Archaia Olympia, Greece
|Location||Olympia, Municipality of Ancient Olympia, West Greece Region, Decentralized Administration of Peloponnese, Western Greece and the Ionian, Greece|
|Date of official opening|
|Visitors per year|
English: The Archaeological Museum of Olympia was constructed over the years 1966 - 1975 as a replacement for the previous or "old" museum used to display artifacts from the excavation since 1888. The new museum is located on a low elevation just to the north of Kronion Hill about 2,031 feet (0.3847 mi) from the old one along the road. Its public debut in 1982 hosted by Melina Merkouri was a major media event.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- Archaeological Museum of Olympia - Interior (1 C, 1 F)
- Olympia Master (1 C, 20 F)
- Rooms of Archaeological Museum of Olympia (4 C, 9 F)
- Sculptures of Archaeological Museum of Olympia (5 C, 13 F)
Pages in category "Archaeological Museum of Olympia"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Archaeological Museum of Olympia"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- 20190507 063 olympia museum.jpg 4,000 × 6,000; 7.87 MB
- Ceramic - earthen jewelry.jpg 2,592 × 1,936; 1.88 MB
- Cetina Culture map.jpg 2,882 × 1,911; 2.72 MB
- Maqueta del taller de Fídies, Museu arqueològic d'Olímpia.JPG 3,127 × 2,692; 1.14 MB
- Olympia Museum (5986602871).jpg 3,412 × 2,575; 4.36 MB
- Olympia-mosaic.jpg 600 × 349; 108 KB
- Olympic winners.JPG 600 × 450; 89 KB