Category:Architectural models of the chōnin areas around Nihonbashi
English: This 1/30 model of the chōnin (townspeople) area north of Nihonbashi Bridge during the early Edo period mid-17th century. The surface area represented by this model is roughly equivalent to that occupied by Matsudaira Tadamasa's "upper residence". A comparison of the two models shows that daimyo compounds were spacious and contained many buildings, while townspeople lived in cramped quarters. This model is based on the Edo-zu byōbu ("Screens of Edo") in the collection of the National Museum of Japanese History, the Edo meisho-zu byōbu ("Screens of famous sites in Edo") in the possession of the Idemitsu Museum of Art, and the Bushū Toshima-no-gōri Edo no shōzu, in the National Diet Library.
Media in category "Architectural models of the chōnin areas around Nihonbashi"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Chonin area nihonbashi 1377.JPG 3,648 × 2,736; 3.7 MB
- Chonin area nihonbashi 1378.JPG 3,648 × 2,736; 3.88 MB
- Chonin area nihonbashi 1379.JPG 3,648 × 2,736; 4.2 MB
- Chonin area, Nihonbashi, 1 to 30 model - Edo-Tokyo Museum - Sumida, Tokyo, Japan - DSC06627.jpg 5,472 × 3,648; 12.54 MB
- Chonin area, Nihonbashi, 1 to 30 model - Edo-Tokyo Museum - Sumida, Tokyo, Japan - DSC06628.jpg 5,472 × 3,648; 10.25 MB
- Nihonbashi model.jpg 4,314 × 1,890; 1.93 MB
- 江戸東京博物館.JPG 5,184 × 3,456; 1.86 MB