Category:Armour in the Armory Exhibition Hall, Topkapı Palace
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The present Armory Exhibition Hall in the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul was formerly the inner treasury of the Ottoman Empire. It is a hall built of stone and brick with eight domes, each 5 x 11.40 m. It was transformed into a museum in 1928, displaying a rich collection of about 400 weapons (dating between the 7th and the 19th c.) from several countries, including swords of many sultans. During excavations in 1937 in front of this building, remains of a religious Byzantine building dating from the fifth century were found. Since it could not be identified with any of the churches known to have been built on the palace site, it is now known as "the Basilica of the Topkapı Palace".
Türkçe: Silah Seksiyonu Sergi Salonu
Media in category "Armour in the Armory Exhibition Hall, Topkapı Palace"
The following 21 files are in this category, out of 21 total.
- Istanbul.Topkapi035.jpg 1.36 MB
- Istanbul.Topkapi066.jpg 820 KB
- Istanbul.Topkapi067.jpg 874 KB
- Istanbul.Topkapi068.jpg 830 KB
- Istanbul.Topkapi069.jpg 732 KB
- Istanbul.Topkapi070.jpg 438 KB
- Istanbul.Topkapi078.jpg 1.06 MB
- Istanbul.Topkapi079.jpg 777 KB
- Istanbul.Topkapi080.jpg 619 KB
- Istanbul.Topkapi081.jpg 853 KB