Wooden, later steel spoked wheels, constructed in the manner historically used for artillery. These were used for early motor cars, although replaced in the late 1920s by wire wheels then a in the 1930s by pressed steel wheels. The term is generally only applied to early cars, where these wooden wheels are considered worthy of note.
Media in category "Artillery wheels"
The following 22 files are in this category, out of 22 total.
- Stephenson's Rocket 5.jpg 4.18 MB
- Ford 08.jpg 450 KB
- 1911FordTorpedoWheel.jpg 1.39 MB
- 1911FordTorpedoWheelHubcap.jpg 1.67 MB
- Artillery-spoked wheel.jpg 106 KB
- Bi-Autogo.jpg 86 KB
- 1919Packard3-35TouringBack.jpg 2.47 MB
- Ansaldo 1922.JPG 1.19 MB
- Essex front wheel.jpg 945 KB
- JordanSedan1928.jpg 875 KB
- 1930 Graham sedan wl.jpg 2.02 MB
- TMW - Dampfauto.jpg 1.13 MB