Category:Arts and Crafts Movement artists
The Arts and Crafts Movement was a British and American aesthetic movement occurring in the last years of the 19th century and the early years of the 20th century. Inspired by the writings of John Ruskin and a romantic idealization of the craftsman taking pride in his personal handiwork, it was at its height between approximately 1880 and 1910. It was a reformist movement that influenced British and American architecture, decorative arts, cabinet making, crafts, and even the "cottage" garden designs of William Robinson or Gertrude Jekyll, and artists in the Pre-Raphaelite movement.
In the United States, the terms American Craftsman, or Craftsman style are often used to denote the style of architecture, interior design, and decorative arts that prevailed between the dominant eras of Art Nouveau and Art Deco, or roughly the period from 1910 to 1925.
This category has the following 27 subcategories, out of 27 total.
- ► Charles Robert Ashbee (1 C, 3 F)
- ► Alexander Fisher (1 F)
- ► Greene and Greene (4 C, 12 F)
- ► Gertrude Jekyll (4 C, 1 P, 16 F)
- ► Edmund Hort New (1 C, 1 P, 4 F)
- ► Margaret Agnes Rope (1 C)
- ► Phoebe Anna Traquair (1 C, 12 F)
Media in category "Arts and Crafts Movement artists"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- 4 artist blacksmith fo...
- Chichester cross.jpg
- Grace Levis, nuno felt...
- Liz Calnan, Handwoven...
- Michael Ripoll, Rainbo...
- Muriel Danvers Powers,...
- Olive Nock, embroidere...
- Ralph Hancock Plaque.jpg
- Rockefeller 2007.jpg
- Studio kiln fired glas...