Arunachal Pradesh (Hindi: अरुणाचल प्रदेश, [IPA: ərʊˈɳaːtʃəl prəˈdeːʃ]) is the easternmost state of India. Arunachal Pradesh borders with the Indian state of Assam to the south and Nagaland to the southeast. Burma/Myanmar lies towards the east, Bhutan towards the west, and its boundary with the People's Republic of China to the north is disputed and the McMahon Line is not recognised by the Chinese authorities. Itanagar is the capital of the state. Although Arunachal Pradesh is administered as an Indian State, the China and the Republic of China (Taiwan) claim portions of the state as South Tibet. Arunachal Pradesh means "land of the dawn lit mountains" in Sanskrit. It is also known as "land of the rising sun" ("pradesh" means "state" or "region") in reference to its position as the easternmost state of India. Most of the people native to and/or living in Arunachal Pradesh are of en:Tibeto-Burman origin. A large and increasing number of migrants have reached Arunachal Pradesh from many other parts of India, although no reliable population count of the migrant population has been conducted, and percentage estimates of total population accordingly vary widely. Part of the famous Ledo Burma Road, which was a lifeline to China during World War II, passes through the eastern part of the state. Arunachal Pradesh is entirely on the Eurasian Plate.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Cities and villages in Arunachal Pradesh (6 C, 4 F)
- ► Architecture of Arunachal Pradesh (3 C)
- ► Culture of Arunachal Pradesh (8 C, 3 F)
- ► Geography of Arunachal Pradesh (9 C, 2 F)
- ► History of Arunachal Pradesh (6 C)
- ► Nature of Arunachal Pradesh (5 C, 1 F)
Pages in category "Arunachal Pradesh"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Arunachal Pradesh"
The following 22 files are in this category, out of 22 total.
- Arunachal Pradesh WV Banner.jpg 1.53 MB
- Attacus atlas (7210222674).jpg 2.69 MB
- Beauty Of White.jpg 1.8 MB
- Bumla Pass.jpg 2.36 MB
- Cardamom plantation.jpg 3.09 MB
- Gyakar Sinyi or Ganga Lake.jpg 6.92 MB
- Mayodia pass.jpg 4.05 MB
- Narunang falls.jpg 2.48 MB
- NaturE.jpg 1.88 MB
- Sangti river.jpg 2.7 MB
- Tawang Monastery at April.jpg 1.67 MB
- Tawang-Glimpse of Heaven.jpg 931 KB
- Tea Garden, Lohit District.jpg 3.04 MB
- View of cardamom plantation.jpg 2.94 MB