Arunachal Pradesh (Hindi: अरुणाचल प्रदेश, [IPA: ərʊˈɳaːtʃəl prəˈdeːʃ]) is the easternmost state of India. Arunachal Pradesh borders with the Indian state of Assam to the south and Nagaland to the southeast. Burma/Myanmar lies towards the east, Bhutan towards the west, and its boundary with the People's Republic of China to the north is disputed and the McMahon Line is not recognised by the Chinese authorities. Itanagar is the capital of the state. Although Arunachal Pradesh is administered as an Indian State, the China and the Republic of China (Taiwan) claim portions of the state as South Tibet. Arunachal Pradesh means "land of the dawn lit mountains" in Sanskrit. It is also known as "land of the rising sun" ("pradesh" means "state" or "region") in reference to its position as the easternmost state of India. Most of the people native to and/or living in Arunachal Pradesh are of en:Tibeto-Burman origin. A large and increasing number of migrants have reached Arunachal Pradesh from many other parts of India, although no reliable population count of the migrant population has been conducted, and percentage estimates of total population accordingly vary widely. Part of the famous Ledo Burma Road, which was a lifeline to China during World War II, passes through the eastern part of the state. Arunachal Pradesh is entirely on the Eurasian Plate.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Populated places in Arunachal Pradesh (6 C, 4 F)
- ► Architecture of Arunachal Pradesh (3 C)
- ► Geography of Arunachal Pradesh (14 C)
- ► History of Arunachal Pradesh (7 C)
- ► Nature of Arunachal Pradesh (10 C, 5 F)
Pages in category "Arunachal Pradesh"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Arunachal Pradesh"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- - panoramio (527).jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 1.71 MB
- Anini (district headquarters) (7453904556) (2).jpg 1,229 × 1,808; 1.04 MB
- Antrik Suraksha Padak.png 356 × 77; 808 bytes
- Dri river (7453893356).jpg 1,229 × 1,808; 1.1 MB
- East Siang, Arunachal Pradesh - panoramio (1).jpg 2,400 × 3,200; 3.06 MB
- East Siang, Arunachal Pradesh - panoramio.jpg 2,400 × 3,200; 2.83 MB
- Lohit river, Arunachal pradesh.jpg 6,000 × 4,000; 3 MB
- Lohit View.jpg 4,247 × 2,812; 2.84 MB
- MacMahon Line.jpg 750 × 528; 82 KB
- Namchik restaurant 2018.jpg 960 × 720; 109 KB
- Parshuram kund, Arunachal pradesh .jpg 6,000 × 4,000; 1.37 MB
- WP 20140102 005.jpg 2,198 × 1,381; 1.18 MB