Category:Asian Art Museum (San Francisco)
(Redirected from Category:Asian Art Museum of San Francisco)
English: The Asian Art Museum (San Francisco), located at 200 Larkin Street between McAllister, Hyde and Fulton Streets in the Civic Center neighborhood of San Francisco, California, has one of the most comprehensive Asian art collections in the world. The museum is founded on the collection of Avery Brundage, and opened in 1968 in a wing of the De Yong Museum in Golden Gate Park. In 2003 it reopened in the city's old Main Library Building, built in 1917 and designed by George Kelham in the Beaux-Arts style. The building's interior was redesigned by Gae Aulenti for the museum.
museum in San Francisco, California
|Instance of||art museum|
|Location||California, San Francisco, United States of America|
|Date of official opening||1958|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Collections of the Asian Art Museum (San Francisco) (8 C, 1 F)
Media in category "Asian Art Museum (San Francisco)"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Asian Art Museum - San Francisco - Joy of Museums - 2.jpg 2,736 × 1,824; 1.58 MB
- Asian Art Museum - San Francisco - Joy of Museums.jpg 2,736 × 1,824; 1.66 MB
- Asian Art Museum SF Sogetsu free-style arrangement.jpg 1,004 × 1,280; 204 KB
- Dancing Ganesha - Joy of Museums - Asian Art Museum - San Francisco.jpg 1,435 × 1,756; 822 KB
- Guanyin, Asian Art Museum (6001097966).jpg 1,600 × 1,063; 294 KB
- Live Balinese music, Asian Art Museum (6001098116).jpg 1,063 × 1,600; 395 KB
- Live Balinese music, Asian Art Museum (6001098284).jpg 1,600 × 1,063; 497 KB
- Seated Ganesha - Joy of Museums - Asian Art Museum - San Francisco.jpg 1,770 × 2,650; 1.58 MB
- SFAAMBuddha.jpg 1,536 × 2,048; 866 KB
- TetsubinBlack.JPG 1,632 × 1,224; 435 KB