Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Atomic Age, also known as the Atomic Era, is a phrase typically used to delineate the period of history following the detonation of the first atomic bomb, Trinity, on July 16, 1945. Although nuclear science existed before this event, the following bombing of Hiroshima, Japan represented the first large-scale use of nuclear technology and ushered in profound changes in socio-political thinking and the course of technology development. Atomic power was seen to be the epitome of progress and modernity.
period of history (1945–)
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Atomic Age"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- 1950s barkcloth.jpg 512 × 768; 267 KB
- Atom shaped ceiling light fixture.jpg 3,886 × 2,651; 4.2 MB
- Atomic ceiling lights vintage.jpg 612 × 612; 108 KB
- Atomic Frontier Days.jpg 1,401 × 1,104; 494 KB
- LAX moon rocks theme building.jpg 1,280 × 1,024; 350 KB
- The Pentomic Division.jpg 960 × 720; 67 KB
- Individual Action Air Burst of Atomic Bomb 2005.069 front.jpg 470 × 750; 414 KB