English: Augusta Savage, born Augusta Christine Fells (February 29, 1892 – March 26, 1962) was an African-American sculptor associated with the Harlem Renaissance. She was also a teacher and her studio was important to the careers of a rising generation of artists who would become nationally known. She worked for equal rights for African Americans in the arts.
|Augusta Savage (1892–1962)|
|Alternative names||Augusta Christine Fells; Augusta Christine Fells Savage; Augusta Christine Savage|
|Date of birth/death|
|Location of birth/death||Green Cove Springs||New York City|
Pages in category "Augusta Savage"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Augusta Savage"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- AugustaSavage.jpg 624 × 676; 56 KB
- Augusta Savage, sculpting - NARA - 559182.jpg 2,255 × 2,932; 2.77 MB
- Archives of American Art - Augusta Savage - 2371 CROPPED.jpg 3,001 × 3,845; 6.07 MB
- Archives of American Art - Augusta Savage - 2371.jpg 3,275 × 4,152; 8.6 MB
- Augusta Savage, sculpting - NARA - 559182.tif 2,366 × 3,000; 6.77 MB