Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Auxiliary cruisers and Armed merchant cruisers were civilian ships, often passenger ships, which were fairly heavily armed during wartime to become warships for convoy escort or attacking other merchant ships (Commerce raiders or Merchant raiders).
merchant ship equipped with guns, usually for defensive purposes, either by design or after the fact
|Instance of||ship type|
|Subclass of|| warship,|
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Auxiliary cruisers of Australia (1 F)
- ► Auxiliary cruisers of France (1 C)
- ► Auxiliary cruisers of Germany (2 C, 2 F)
- ► Auxiliary cruisers of Japan (14 C)
- ► Libertad (ship, 1955) (4 F)
- ► Auxiliary cruisers of Russia (6 C)
- ► Auxiliary cruisers of the United States (1 C, 3 F)
Media in category "Auxiliary cruisers"
This category contains only the following file.