Category:Ayub Khan (Afghan prince)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ayub Khan (1857 in Kabul - April 7, 1914, in Lahore), also known as The Afghan Prince Charlie, was governor of Herat Province, which included more territory then today's province. He became King of Afghanistan in 1879 after the death of his father, Sher Ali Khan, but was replaced by his cousin Abdur Rahman Khan in 1880. In spite of that, he gained international recognition after defeating a large army of then British India during the Battle of Maiwand.
Emir of Afghanistan (1879-1880)
|Name in native language|
|Date of birth||1857|
|Date of death||7 April 1914|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Ayub Khan (Afghan prince)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Ayub Khan.jpg 200 × 313; 8 KB
- MohammadAyoubKhan b&w.jpg 489 × 648; 58 KB
- MohammadAyoubKhan-cropped.jpg 489 × 489; 56 KB
- MohammadAyoubKhan.jpg 489 × 648; 38 KB
- Riyazi's Depiction of the Battle of Maiwand.jpg 3,874 × 5,592; 2.97 MB