Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Ayurveda (Devanāgarī: आयुर्वेद, the 'science of life') is a system of traditional medicine native to India,and practiced in other parts of the world as a form of alternative medicine. In Sanskrit, the word Ayurveda comprises the words āyus, meaning 'life' and veda, Vid meaning knowledge and Veda meaning 'related to knowledge' or 'science'.
system of medicine with historical roots in the Indian subcontinent
|Instance of||healing knowledge,|
alternative medical treatment
|Part of||traditional Asian medicine|
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Plants related to Ayurveda (54 C, 44 F)
- ► Ayurveda colleges and universities (1 C, 2 F)
- ► Companies and organizations related to Ayurveda (2 C, 11 F)
- ► Ayurveda equipment (12 F)
- ► Ayurveda related literature (2 C, 14 F)
Media in category "Ayurveda"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.