Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Siyyid `Alí Muḥammad Shírází meaning "Gate". He composed hundreds of letters and books (often termed tablets) in which he stated his messianic claims and defined his teachings, which constituted a new sharí'ah or religious law. His movement eventually acquired tens of thousands of supporters, was virulently opposed by Iran's Shi'a clergy, and was suppressed by the Iranian government leading to the persecution and killing of thousands of his followers, called Bábís. In 1850, at the age of thirty, the Báb was shot by a firing squad in Tabríz.
Iranian prophet and founder of the religion Bábism, venerated in the Bahá'í Faith
|Name in native language|
|Date of birth||20 October 1819|
سَد عَلی مُحَمَّد شیرَازی
|Date of death||9 July 1850|
|Manner of death|
|Cause of death|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Báb"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Houseofthebab2008.jpg 2,560 × 1,920; 3.02 MB
- Mahku2008.jpg 2,560 × 1,920; 3.14 MB
- Siyyid Mírzá 'Alí-Muhammad Shirazi (cropped).jpg 900 × 1,214; 121 KB
- Siyyid Mírzá 'Alí-Muhammad Shirazi.jpg 2,553 × 3,767; 1.04 MB
- Where Bab executed.jpg 691 × 415; 61 KB
- Where the Bab's body was thrown in Tabriz.jpg 444 × 237; 39 KB
- Այն տունը, որտեղից Բաբը հայտարարեց Գործի մասին-.jpg 1,419 × 1,080; 374 KB
- Այն տունը, որտեղից Բաբը հայտարարեց Գործի մասին.jpg 1,791 × 1,080; 359 KB
- سید علی محمد باب.jpg 1,419 × 2,048; 500 KB