Category:BBC Big Screens
English: The Big Screens are a project involving the BBC, LOCOG (London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games), and local councils. 25m LED screens with sound systems are situated in prominent locations in city centres. The premise on which the screens are operated is as a platform for all, to provide local information, and to allow film-makers and other visual artists a platform on which to display their work. The screens are run by the BBC in accordance with its editorial guidelines and are known as 'Big Screen (city name) e.g. Big Screen Manchester.
Media in category "BBC Big Screens"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- BBC screen, Millennium Square, Leeds.jpg 3,648 × 2,736; 1.45 MB
- Bigtellylpool.JPG 2,856 × 2,142; 1.86 MB
- King Edward Street with BBC screen - geograph.org.uk - 685565.jpg 640 × 480; 73 KB
- Portsmouth Guildhall Square BBC Big Screen.JPG 4,000 × 3,000; 4.7 MB
- Sheffield, live snooker on big screen - geograph.org.uk - 495330.jpg 640 × 429; 75 KB
- Swindon , Big Screen Swindon - geograph.org.uk - 1123597.jpg 640 × 314; 66 KB
- Swindon , Swindon's Big Screen - geograph.org.uk - 1123614.jpg 640 × 480; 84 KB
- TV screen in Plymouth city centre - geograph.org.uk - 1594536.jpg 480 × 640; 64 KB