Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Ballybough is a district of north Dublin, Ireland situated northeast of Summerhill, between the Royal Canal and the River Tolka. Adjacent areas are North Strand, Fairview and Drumcondra/Clonliffe. The name derives from the Irish baile "town" and bocht "poor". The area was synomymous with being a leper colony in the 18th Century when it was then known as Mud Island, an extension of the mud flats that now form Fairview and environs.
Gaeilge: Is bruachbhaile i dtuaisceart Bhaile Átha Cliath é An Baile Bocht. Téann abhainn an Tulcha tríd an gceantar.
Polski: Ballybough ( irl. Baile Bocht) to jedna z dzielnic Dublina. Położona na północy Dublina. Administracyjnie należy do Dublin City Council.
Northern inner city district of Dublin, Ireland
|Location||Dublin, County Dublin, Leinster, Ireland|
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Ballybough"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Ballybough .jpg 4,128 × 3,096; 2.68 MB
- Fairview Hall, Fairview - geograph.org.uk - 2219091.jpg 1,024 × 628; 93 KB
- Heffo's Army Hill 16 mural in Ballybough.jpg 5,184 × 3,456; 8.02 MB
- Houses and shops on Fairview Road - geograph.org.uk - 2216757.jpg 1,024 × 588; 241 KB
- Royal-Canal-Stadion.jpg 2,560 × 1,920; 1.49 MB