Category:Ban Wichayen

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: Wichayen House is located on Wichayen road in Tha Hin subdistrict, Mueang Lop Buri District, Lop Buri Province, north of Phra Narai Ratchaniwet. It was built in 1685, during the reign of King Narai, the Great, as the residence for the first French envoys, led by Chevalier de Chaumont. At that time, a Greek court official named Constantine Phaulkon, later was promoted to “Chao Phraya Wichayen” or “Ok-Ya Wichayen”, resided in the same area of the residence. Thus, locals called this residence “Wichayen House”. Built in the period of the late Ayutthaya kingdom by a French constructor, the residence was designed in European architecture. The complex contains 1. The main two-storey masonry building serving as the residence for the French envoys and the long, narrow single storey building serving as a reception hall; 2. A Catholic church with a belfry; and 3. A cooking area, a water tank, and a well at the rear. The Department of Fine Arts registered as a National Historic Site on 2nd August, 1936.
ไทย: บ้านหลวงรับราชทูตหรือ บ้านวิชาเยนทร์ ที่ตั้ง ตำบล ท่าหิน อำเภอเมืองลพบุรี จังหวัดลพบุรี

Flag of Thailand.svg

This is a category about a monument in Thailand identified by the ID 0000676 (Thai Fine Art Department's link)

Media in category "Ban Wichayen"

The following 33 files are in this category, out of 33 total.