Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Baron is a title of nobility. In the kingdom of England, the medieval Latin word baro, baronis, was used originally to denote a tenant-in-chief of the early Norman kings, who held his lands by the feudal tenure of "barony", in Latin per baroniam, and who was entitled to attend the Great Council which by the 13th century had developed into the Parliament of England. Baronies are also administrative subdivisions of counties in Scotland, Ireland and parts of England.
administrative division of a county
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- Baronesses (28 C, 21 F)
- Baronies by country (4 C)
- Baronies by type (1 C)
- Baronies del Pallars Jussà (13 F)
- Baronies in the Peerage of England (12 C, 2 F)
- Barons (97 C, 1 P, 56 F)
- Lordships of Parliament (1 C)
Media in category "Baronies"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- 8thBaronTalbot1897to1975BreconPowysWales.jpg 828 × 848; 345 KB
- Bothkennar Parish Church and Churchyard.JPG 2,560 × 1,920; 2.18 MB
- Brasão de Armas do Barão de Cascais e do Duque de Piperis.jpg 580 × 396; 79 KB
- Brasão do Barão de Cascais.png 727 × 740; 236 KB
- Forth-Bargy.gif 270 × 280; 3 KB
- La vansa.jpg 330 × 354; 93 KB