Category:Battle of the Rosebud
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Battle of the Rosebud (also known the Battle of the Rosebud Creek) occurred June 17, 1876, in the Montana Territory between the United States Army and a force of Lakota Native Americans during the Black Hills War. The Cheyenne called it the Battle Where the Girl Saved Her Brother, because of an incident during the fight involving Buffalo Calf Road Woman. The battlefield site is a state park and a National Historic Landmark.
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is
|Instance of|| Montana state park,|
|Heritage designation|| |
Media in category "Battle of the Rosebud"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Crooks army before battle of the Rosebud.jpg 1,009 × 716; 445 KB
- RosebudBattlefield.jpg 1,100 × 824; 123 KB
- RosebudBattlefield1.jpg 1,024 × 680; 189 KB
- RosebudBattlefield2.jpg 1,024 × 680; 215 KB
- RosebudBattlefield3.jpg 1,024 × 680; 192 KB
- RosebudBattlefield4.jpg 1,024 × 680; 184 KB
- RosebudByPhilKonstantin.jpg 573 × 321; 33 KB
- Sioux charging at Battle of Rosebud.jpg 1,536 × 1,092; 908 KB
- Sioux charging at Battle of Rosebuddenver.jpg 640 × 439; 51 KB