From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|Alternative names||Saint Bede
Saint Bede the Venerable
English monk and historian
English: A monk at the Northumbrian monastery of Saint Peter at Monkwearmouth (today part of Sunderland), England who is well known as an author and scholar, and his most famous work, Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History of the English People) gained him the title "The Father of English History". He was made a Doctor of the Church by Leo XIII in 1899.
|Date of birth/death||circa 672||26 May 735|
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Bede"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Bede"
The following 22 files are in this category, out of 22 total.
- Aethelstan1 of England.jpg 341 KB
- Athelstan.jpg 2.74 MB
- Bede's World Jarrow.jpg 118 KB
- Bede-crop.png 48 KB
- Bede.jpg 48 KB
- De natura rerum Beda.jpg 1.15 MB
- E-codices csg-0876 252 max.jpg 2.43 MB
- Opera Bedae Venerabilis.tif 74.11 MB
- St.Bede.jpg 77 KB
- Statue of St. Bede.jpg 629 KB
- Tomb of the Venerable Bede.jpg 4.84 MB