Category:Belfry in Sancerre

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

Beffroi ou Tour Saint-Jean[edit]

English: Built in 1509 the belfy, also named St. John's tower, bears witness of the special rights given to the city. On the ground floor was a chapel. The seat of Aldermen meeting and a reception hall occupied the first floor. The second floor were the bells removed by order of General La Chatre after the Siege of the city in 1573.
Español: Construido en 1509, el campanario es reflecto de las franquicias otorgadas a la ciudad. En la planta baja había una capilla. La sede de la reunión de Concejales y una sala de recepción ocupaba el primer piso. El segundo piso, las campanas fueran retiradas por orden del General La Châtre despuès del asedio de la ciudad en 1573.
Français: Édifie en 1509, le beffroi témoigne des franchises accordées à la ville;. Au rez de chaussée se trouvait une chapelle. La selle de réunion des échevins et une salle de réception occupaient le premier étage. Au second étage se trouvaient les cloches enlevées sur ordre du Général La Châtre après le Siège de la ville en 1573.

This building is classé au titre des Monuments Historiques. It is indexed in the Base Mérimée, a database of architectural heritage maintained by the French Ministry of Culture, under the reference PA00096900.


brezhoneg | català | Deutsch | Ελληνικά | English | español | euskara | suomi | français | magyar | italiano | 日本語 | македонски | Nederlands | português | português do Brasil | română | русский | українська | 中文 | +/−
Object location 47° 19′ 50.9″ N, 2° 50′ 19.3″ E View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityrama info

Media in category "Belfry in Sancerre"

The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.