Jump to navigation Jump to search
district of Karnataka, India
|Location||Kalaburagi division, Karnataka, India|
|Elevation above sea level|
|17° 55′ 12″ N, 77° 31′ 11″ E|
Bidar (Kannada: ಬೀದರ್) is a district of Karnataka state in southern India. The historic city of Bidar is the administrative centre of the district. The district has five talukas: Bidar, Humnabad, Bhalki, Aurad, and Basavakalyana. The district is located in the northeastern corner of the state, near the borders with Andhra Pradesh to the east and Maharashtra to the north and west. Gulbarga district lies to the south. Bidar is 120 km from Andhra Pradesh's capital Hyderabad. Till 1956, Bidar was part of Hyderabad State.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- Buildings in Bidar district (4 C, 3 F)
- Education in Bidar district (1 C)
- Geography of Bidar district (3 C)
- Nature of Bidar district (2 C)
- People of Bidar district (1 C, 1 F)
- Transport in Bidar district (1 C, 1 F)
- Basava Monument, Bijapur (2 F)