Category:Bishopstone, East Sussex

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: Bishopstone is a hamlet with a population of about 200 people, located along a dead-end road west of Seaford. Bishopstone was an episcopal manor: hence its name meaning "dwelling place of the bishop". The church, dedicated to Saint Andrew, is thought to date from the 8th century, and may well be the oldest in the county. It was rebuilt in 1200.

Subcategories

This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.

Media in category "Bishopstone, East Sussex"

The following 52 files are in this category, out of 52 total.