English: Bizarre Magic, or Bizarre Magick, is a branch of stage magic, or conjuring, like stage illusions, sleight of hand, or children's magic. The major difference is that bizarre magic uses storytelling and word play to a much greater degree, and less emphasis is placed on the manual dexterity of the performer or the complexity of his equipment. The experience is more akin to small, intimate theater than image of the traditional magic show. Bizarre Magicians often use authentic antique or simulated artifacts to enhance their presentations. Storytelling is also employed for a greater sense of theatrical authenticity. Techniques such as these are important factors in distinguishing Bizarre from other types of magic performance in that Bizarre “references a larger magical world beyond the boundaries of the performance.”
Français : La magie bizarre est un des courants de l' illusionnisme, qui met l'accent sur la présentation et sur l'expérience émotionnelle que doit vivre le public.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Bizarre magic"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- C.Chelman(byTh.R).png 2,208 × 3,476; 241 KB
- Chelman-pacte13.jpg 600 × 450; 30 KB
- Christian Chelman(par Y.Swolfs).jpg 600 × 833; 65 KB
- EugeneBurger Candle byMichaelCaplan.jpg 1,480 × 1,934; 866 KB
- Hantiquité-TriangleMagique(byTh.Rioult).JPG 2,272 × 1,704; 696 KB
- TonyShiels-musician.jpg 720 × 536; 108 KB