From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Black Hawk or Black Sparrow Hawk (Sauk Makataimeshekiakiak (Mahkate:wi-meši-ke:hke:hkwa), "be a large black hawk") (spring 1767 – October 3, 1838) was a leader and warrior of the Sauk American Indian tribe in what is now the United States. Although he had inherited an important historic medicine bundle, he was not a hereditary civil chief of the Sauk, but was an appointed war chief. He was generally known in English as Black Hawk.
- Not to be confused with Sikorsky H-60.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Black Hawk Statue (16 F)
Media in category "Black Hawk"
The following 18 files are in this category, out of 18 total.
- Black Hawk (Sauk chief).jpg 674 KB
- Black hawk life cast.jpg 181 KB
- Black Hawk marker.jpg 4.25 MB
- Black hawk statue.jpg 2.88 MB
- Black Hawk Tree.jpg 55 KB
- Black Hawk.jpg 5 KB
- BlackHawkGraveIowaville.JPG 773 KB
- BlackHawkGravePlaque.jpg 1,009 KB
- Chief Black Hawk2.jpg 21 KB
- Chief Black Hawk3.jpg 24 KB
- Pentaceratops fossil airlift.jpg 6.36 MB
- RI-Blackhawk.jpg 269 KB