Jump to navigation Jump to search
- English: Blackbeard's Castle, or Skytsborg (sky tower) — located in the city of Charlotte Amalie, on St. Thomas island, the United States Virgin Islands.
- Built in 1679 by the colonial Danes as a watchtower to protect St. Thomas Harbor and Fort Christian, in the Danish West Indies era.
- Dansk: Skytsborg (Blackbeard's Castle — dansk borg i Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas.
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is 91001844.
National Historic Landmark in Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands
|18° 20′ 37.83″ N, 64° 55′ 46.53″ W|
Media in category "Blackbeard's Castle"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Blackbeard's Castle in Charlotte Amalie (cropped).jpg 720 × 908; 98 KB
- Blackbeard's Castle in Charlotte Amalie.jpg 720 × 960; 97 KB
- Blackbeard's Castle.jpg 851 × 1,280; 198 KB
- Danish West Indies - Black Beards Tower.jpg 623 × 995; 377 KB
- St. Thomas - Blackbeard's castle.jpg 2,079 × 3,258; 2.29 MB
- St. Thomas - Blackbeard's Castle.jpg 529 × 833; 241 KB
- USVI St. Thomas - Charlotte Amalie - Blackbeard Castle.JPG 2,048 × 1,536; 1.25 MB
- Buildings in Charlotte Amalie
- Danish forts
- Forts in the United States Virgin Islands
- Danish colonial architecture in the United States
- Built in 1679
- Caribbean in the 1670s
- Forts on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States Virgin Islands
- National Historic Landmarks in the United States Virgin Islands
- Danish West Indies