Category:Blumengroßmarkthalle (Berlin-Kreuzberg)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Deutsch: Der Blumengroßmarkt in der Friedrichstadt wurde 1922 nördlich der Markthalle II erbaut. Die Großmarkthalle wurde 1934 durch einen Neubau, die so genannte Blaue Halle ersetzt. Diese, wie auch die benachbarte Markthalle II, wurde am 3. Februar 1945 durch amerikanische Bomben zerstört. Nach Leichtbau-Provisorien entstand 1963–1965 die neue Blumengroßmarkthalle.
English: The Flower Wholesales Market in the Friedrichstadt, between Friedrichstraße and Lindenstraße, was first erected in 1922 next to the southerly adjacent retail Market Hall II. The wholesales market hall was replaced by a new and bigger hall in 1934, then nicknamed the Blue Hall. The Blue Hall, like the neighbouring Market Hall II were completely destroyed in an American airraid on 3 February 1945. After several provisional solutions a new flower wholesales market hall was erected between 1963 and 1965.