Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Structural, for waist: Corsets (with laces, bones, and busk) • Waist cinchers (very short corset) • Basque (non-shaping) •Structural, for skirts: Bustles (lift at back, often pads) • Crinolines (reinforced petticoat or round hoop skirt) • Farthingales (hip padding or hoop skirt) • Panniers (lift at the sides) •
Petticoats (fabric underskirt adding volume)Form-fitting: Basque (non-shaping, bust to waist) • Corselettes (one-piece combination of bra and girdle) • Torsolettes (corselette without a full girdle) • Girdles (lightly shaping hip garment with garters) • Girdle corsets (shaping hip garment with bones, busk, and laces)Loose: Chemise (long, sleeved) • Full slip (long, sleeveless) • Half slip (skirt half of a slip) • Babydoll (top half of a slip) • Teddies (as babydoll, but closed at crotch)
English: Bosom pads are worn with a corset (or similar) to make the breasts appear larger. Not to be confused with bras with integrated padding or pockets for padding.
padded structure for increasing the apparent size of the breast
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► U.S. Bosom pad patents (17 F)
Media in category "Bosom pads"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Bust improvers.jpg 734 × 1,026; 101 KB
- Combined breast pads - Henry S. Lesher.png 581 × 807; 183 KB
- Corset us188007.png 989 × 1,498; 67 KB
- GB1899 13891Fig1.gif 705 × 931; 42 KB
- USpatent154687 1874.gif 1,334 × 1,116; 84 KB
- USpatent298067 1884.gif 1,596 × 1,941; 200 KB
- Woman's Bust Improver (Falsies) LACMA M.2007.211.369 (1 of 2).jpg 2,100 × 1,397; 608 KB
- Woman's Bust Improver (Falsies) LACMA M.2007.211.369 (2 of 2).jpg 2,100 × 1,338; 562 KB