Jump to navigation Jump to search
village in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland, UK
|Location||Outer Hebrides, Outer Hebrides, Barvas, United Kingdom|
|Located on terrain feature||Outer Hebrides|
English: Bragar (Bràgar) is a crofting township or village on the West Side of the Isle of Lewis in Scotland, neighboured by Shawbost to the south and Arnol to the north. Bragar features a distinctive whale-bone arch as well as a school, post office, war memorial and a shore. The whale bones were taken from the carcass of a Blue whale which washed ashore near Bragar in 1920.
Media in category "Bragar"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Bragararch.jpg 640 × 480; 30 KB
- Minor Road to Bragar from the A858 - geograph.org.uk - 1359372.jpg 640 × 480; 86 KB
- The A858 west from Bragar - geograph.org.uk - 1359383.jpg 640 × 412; 60 KB
- Whalebone Arch - geograph.org.uk - 52732.jpg 640 × 429; 65 KB
- Whalebone Arch, Bragar - geograph.org.uk - 203958.jpg 478 × 640; 223 KB