Category:Brampton (Cumbria) railway station
This station on the Newcastle to Carlisle line was formerly known as Brampton Junction. From here, the Brampton Town Branch led into the town centre. The branch was opened in 1775 as part of the Earl of Carlisle's Waggonway. By 1836, a horse-driven passenger service had been implemented, The line was opened and closed numerous times, before it was finally closed for good in 1923, and the track lifted shortly afterwards. Unlike other towns (Prudhoe, Hexham, Haltwhistle) on the line, Brampton Station lies some 4Km from the town it serves, and consequently only enjoys a very infrequent service
Media in category "Brampton (Cumbria) railway station"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Brampton (Cumbria) railway station in 2006.jpg 600 × 450; 206 KB
- Brampton cumbria rail station 1884653 926a0136.jpg 640 × 340; 80 KB
- Brampton Station - geograph.org.uk - 1237973.jpg 640 × 480; 79 KB
- Dandy platform at Brampton station - geograph.org.uk - 1343286.jpg 640 × 480; 133 KB
- Disused railway line - geograph.org.uk - 1343338.jpg 640 × 480; 100 KB
- Footbridge at Brampton Station - geograph.org.uk - 1237985.jpg 640 × 480; 130 KB
- How Mill level-crossing geograph-3897127-by-Ben-Brooksbank.jpg 2,372 × 1,469; 3.8 MB