Category:Brecon and Merthyr Railway
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Brecon and Merthyr Junction Railway opened in 1863 from Brecon to Pant. In 1868, the line to Merthyr, built together with the London and North Western Railway was completed in 1868. Later extensions were made to Caerphilly, Pontypridd and Bassaleg, from where it had running powers to Newport Docks. The Pant to Dowlais section was closed in May 1960, with the rest of the line closing by 1963.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Brecon (Free Street) railway station (5 F)
- ► Cefn Coed Viaduct (6 F)
- ► Brecon and Merthyr Railway RJD (8 F)
Media in category "Brecon and Merthyr Railway"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Maesycwmmer2 9 62577r.jpg 275 KB