Category:Bremen (ship, 1858)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Built at Caird & Co., Greenock, UK
- Launched Feb. 1, 1858
- 2674 GRT, 2756 tdw
- Length 333 ft (101.5 m), beam 39 ft (11.9 m)
- Compound engines, 1310 HP, 11 kn,
- three masts with auxiliary sails,
- Passengers: 60 I, 110 , 400 TwD.
- Crew 102
- June 19,1858 maiden voyage Bremerhaven - New York, arrival on July 4th, thus travel duration 14 days and 13 hours. She was the NGL’s first overseas steamer.
- January 1859 she returned to Bremerhaven under sails with a broken tailshaft; six months later she re-entered service with a new tailshaft.
- June 1874, the first ' Bremen ' was sold to E. Bates & Co., Liverpool, and subsequently converted to a fullrigged sailing ship.
- October 16, 1882, wrecked on South Farralones, California.
Media in category "Bremen (ship, 1858)"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.