Jump to navigation Jump to search
Deutsch: Brian David Josephson (* 4. Januar 1940 in Cardiff, Wales) ist ein britischer Physiker. Er war Professor an der University of Cambridge und erhielt 1973 den Nobelpreis für Physik für die Entdeckung des Josephson-Effekts.
English: Brian David Josephson, FRS (born 4 January 1940), is a Welsh theoretical physicist and professor emeritus of physics at the University of Cambridge. Best known for his pioneering work on superconductivity and quantum tunnelling, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1973 for his prediction of the eponymous Josephson effect, made in 1962 when he was a 22-year-old PhD student at Cambridge. He shared the prize with physicists Leo Esaki and Ivar Giaever, who jointly received half the award for their own work on quantum tunnelling.
Welsh Nobel Laureate in Physics
|Date of birth||4 January 1940|
Cardiff (Wales, United Kingdom)
|Country of citizenship|
|Doctoral advisor|| |
|Field of work|
Media in category "Brian Josephson"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Brian Josephson, Cambridge, 20 September 2014.jpg 400 × 1,200; 74 KB
- Brian Josephson, March 2004.jpg 1,284 × 1,696; 1.11 MB
- Cmglee Cambridge Wikimedia Meetup 23 tour Brian Josephson.jpg 1,024 × 3,072; 512 KB
- Josephson Cavendish.jpg 808 × 976; 784 KB
- Plaque on the Mond Building, Cambridge, for Brian Josephson.jpg 4,000 × 3,000; 3.83 MB