Category:Brooklyn Historical Society
The Brooklyn Historical Society, originally the Long Island Historical Society, was formed in 1863, and its building at 128 Pierrepont Street at the corner of Clinton Street in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City was built in 1881. It was designed by George B. Post in the Renaissance revival style, with sculptures by Olin Levi Warner. The building was restored from 1998-2003 by Jan Hird Pokorny. The building is located in the Brooklyn Heights Historic District. The AIA Guide to New York City calls the building "one of the City's great architectural treasures, both inside and out." (Source: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.))
Media in category "Brooklyn Historical Society"
The following 21 files are in this category, out of 21 total.
- Bklyn Hist Soc ohny jeh.jpg 1.65 MB
- Brooklyn Historical Society.jpg 1.55 MB
- Illuminated study room.JPG 2.21 MB
- Secret corner.jpg 1.86 MB
- The abandoned chair.jpg 1.8 MB
- The man reading a newspaper.jpg 2.62 MB
- The Squirrels 0027.jpg 3.08 MB
- WTM3 Gnarly 0202.jpg 4.57 MB
- WTM3 Gnarly 0203.jpg 4.59 MB
- WTM3 Gnarly 0204.jpg 4.17 MB
- WTM3 Gnarly 0205.jpg 4.14 MB
- WTM3 Gnarly 0206.jpg 4.21 MB