Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Babies are particularly subject to accumulation of gas in the stomach while feeding, and this can cause considerable agitation and/or discomfort unless the child is burped. The act of burping an infant involves placing the child in a position conducive to gas expulsion (for example holding the infant up to the adult's shoulder, with the infant's stomach resting on the adult's chest) and then lightly patting the lower back so that the child burps. Because burping can cause vomiting in infants, a "burp cloth" or "burp pad" is sometimes employed on the shoulder to protect the adult's clothing.
release of gas from the digestive tract
|Subclass of||natural sound|
Media in category "Burping"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Burp.wav 15 s; 656 KB
- Burping 2.ogg 34 s; 207 KB
- Burping 3.ogg 1 min 44 s; 1.05 MB
- Burping 4.ogg 34 s; 348 KB
- Burping 5.ogg 20 s; 217 KB
- Burping 6.ogg 47 s; 482 KB
- Burping 7.ogg 1 min 3 s; 638 KB
- Burping 8.ogg 52 s; 544 KB
- Burping 9.ogg 1 min 0 s; 627 KB
- Burping.ogg 1 min 10 s; 921 KB
- Burping10.ogg 1.3 s; 17 KB