Category:Bury's Coloured Views on the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, 1831
Aquatint coloured plates from:
Coloured Views on the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, with plates of the Coaches, Machines, &c. from drawings made on the spot by Mr. T.T. Bury. With Descriptive Particulars, serving as a guide to Travellers on the Railway. London: Published by R. Ackermann, 96, Strand, and sold by R. Ackermann Jun., 191 Regent Street: Printsellers in Ordinary to his Majesty.
An advertisement from 1838  describes the work as being:
—In Two Parts, each containing Six Plates, from Drawings made on the Line by Mr T.T. Bury, with descriptive particulars, and an additional Plate of Carriages. Elephant 4to. Price, each part, 12s.; or the two parts, bound together, with a view of the Intersection Bridge, which crosses the Line near the foot of the Sutton Inclined Plane, and two long sheets of Trains of Carriages, &c., showing the different ways of conveyance. Price, complete, £2 2s.
- OCLC 7919981
- First part originally published in February 1831 as Six coloured views... (OCLC 79972062), with the first six views and the plate of Coaches &c. The second part appeared later the same year.
- Reissued in 1832, followed by French and Spanish editions. The prints were also reproduced separately in France and Germany.
- Revised 1833 edition with the plates re-engraved, many with significant changes. Reissued in 1834.
- Modern facsimile, 1976, with an historical introduction to the railway by George Ottley. Oldham: Hugh Broadbent. OCLC 2817320 ISBN 0904848027 and others.
- A series of postcards based on the plates was issued in 1904 by the LNWR (the successor company to the Liverpool and Manchester Railway), under the title "Railways in the 'Thirties'"
- Chapman Frederick Dendy Marshall (1930), A Centenary history of the Liverpool & Manchester railway, Locomotive Publishing Co Ltd. OCLC 3235797 and others. Has a discussion of the various states produced of each print.
- R.V. Tooley (1979), English Books with Coloured Plates, 1790 to 1860 (Revised 2nd Edition). Folkestone: Wm. Dawson & Sons. ISBN 0712909052. p.120. Has a listing of the plates.
Media in category "Bury's Coloured Views on the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, 1831"
The following 16 files are in this category, out of 16 total.
- Boloto Chat.JPG 546 × 204; 24 KB
- Chatmoss.jpg 649 × 527; 192 KB
- Coloured View on the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, 1831.jpg 1,600 × 1,305; 346 KB