A cake mix is a dry mixture of ingredients for baking, typically to make cakes or bread. Cake mixes require adding water or other liquids like milk, many need other additional ingredients like eggs as well. Self-raising flour can be considered the earliest form of cake mix. As a a convenience product for home makers, cake mix was first popularized in the US in 1947 by General Mills under the Betty Crocker brand.
Media in category "Cake mix"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- A cake baking mix being mixed together.jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 2.2 MB
- Cake mix in plastic packet photo.JPG 970 × 888; 525 KB
- Dromedary Cake ad The Ladies' home journal (1948) (14581251478) (cropped).jpg 1,732 × 4,548; 1,017 KB
- Henry Jones Self-Raising Flour Advertisement.JPG 736 × 1,143; 462 KB
- HK food 鹽焗雞粉 Spicy Bake Mix Koon Yick Wah Kee plastic bags Mar-2014.JPG 1,936 × 2,592; 2.23 MB
- The Ladies' home journal (1948) (14581251478).jpg 3,332 × 4,565; 1.97 MB