Category:Campiello dell'Anconeta (Venice)
The Santa Maria dell'Anconetta sanctuary was located in what is now the Campiello dell'Anconetta. A plaque on the pavement remembers the exact area. The church was demolished in 1855 during the works to enlarge the street. The name refers to the object of worship of the holy place or "small altarpiece". Inside the church was venerated a painting depicting the Madonna.
The tradition says that some young people from a local fraternity exposed on the altar of the Church of San Marcuola the table with the painting of the Madonna. Consecutively, a quarrel with the chapter of the church, it was decided to transport the painting in a small oratory placed within the boundaries of the parish itself. Since that time the place was referred to as anconeta (altarpiece), from "ancona": painted panel or icon.
In 1623 a bequest of Pasquino Carlotti allowed to proceed with some extension work that affected the oratory. Later in 1740 it underwent restoration. In 1800 the place was abandoned.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Teatro Italia (Venice) (9 F)
Media in category "Campiello dell'Anconeta (Venice)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Cannaregio, 30100 Venice, Italy - panoramio (176).jpg 5,184 × 3,009; 2.8 MB
- Palazzo Campiello dell Anconeta Venezia.jpg 4,200 × 6,293; 14.6 MB
- Venezia Campiello de l'Anconeta budynek.jpg 2,112 × 2,816; 3.87 MB
- Venice Italy - Venezia Italia - Creative Commons by gnuckx (4704770471).jpg 4,310 × 2,656; 1.4 MB
- Venice, Italy - panoramio (689).jpg 4,338 × 3,200; 3.16 MB