Category:Canterbury Club Hitching Post
The hitching post outside the Canterbury Club is registered with the NZ Historic Places Trust as a Category II heritage item, register number 1839. The hitching post outside the club appears to have been erected at the club's instigation in the 1870s or 1880s; a member suggested in 1875 that it would be a good idea. Once a ubiquitous feature of colonial towns, this hitching post is today one of few remaining in the city, and a poignant reminder of the time when horses were the main form of transport.
Media in category "Canterbury Club Hitching Post"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.