Category:Cape class motor life boats
The Canadian Coast Guard operates three dozen Cape class motor life boats. They are 47 foot vessels, with a crew of four, built to the same design as a larger fleet of vessels operated by the US Coast Guard. The CCG operates a smaller number of larger lifeboats, built to a UK design.
All vessels in the class are named after a cape, in Canada.
If the CCG Cape-class lifeboat is based in an English-speaking area, the boat will have "Cape" in the name. If based in a French-speaking area, "Cap" will be part of the ship's name.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► CCGS Cap Aupaluk (2 F)
- ► CCGS Cape Farewell (1 F)
- ► CCGS Cape Lambton (1 F)
Media in category "Cape class motor life boats"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Canadian Coast Guard lifeBoat moored off the Ile d'Orleans, Quebec.jpg 1,448 × 972; 349 KB
- Canadian minesweeper and motor life boat off Hamilton.jpg 400 × 300; 43 KB
- CCG vessel moored in Port Alberni.jpg 850 × 657; 549 KB
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Nuit.jpg 4,288 × 2,848; 7.2 MB