From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Carhenge is a replica of England's Stonehenge located near the city of Alliance on the High Plains. Instead of being built with large standing stones, as is the case with the original Stonehenge, Carhenge is formed from vintage American automobiles, all covered with gray spray paint. Built by Jim Reinders, it was dedicated at the June 1987 summer solstice. In 2006, a visitor center was constructed to serve the site.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "Carhenge"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Carhenge from afar.JPG 2.6 MB
- Carhenge from NW 1.JPG 864 KB
- Carhenge from NW 2.JPG 1.03 MB
- Carhenge from SW 1.JPG 751 KB
- Carhenge from SW 2.JPG 716 KB
- Carhenge sunny day.JPG 2.69 MB
- Carhenge, inner circle.JPG 2.74 MB
- Carhenge, Nebraska.JPG 2.5 MB
- One car at carhenge.JPG 2.47 MB
- Stacked car at carhenge.JPG 2.52 MB
- Stacked cars at carhenge.JPG 2.2 MB