From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|This object is indexed in the Archaeological Survey of Ireland under SMR No. LH005-042013-
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment Viewer – Database record.
English: The Dominican Priory of St. Malachy was, according to T. de Burgos Hibernica Dominicana, founded in 1305 by Richard de Burgo, Earl of Ulster. The priory was dissolved in 1541 but the friars continued to be active in the area until the 17th century. See pp. 222 in Aubrey Gwynn and R. Neville Hadcock, Medieval Religious Houses Ireland. This site is protected as national monument #623 in state care of Ireland.
Gaeilge: Mainistir Chairlinn
Media in category "Carlingford Priory"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.