Category:Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (former headquarters)
Built in 1860 as the private residence of physician Peter Parker (known as the "father" of medical missions to China), the brick, Italianate-style row house served as offices for the Bureau of Pan American Republics (precursor to the Organization of American States) from 1888 to 1908, and as the national headquarters for the CEIP from 1910 until 1948. The building is now part of the Blair House complex – comprised of four, adjoining row houses which serve as the official residence for guests of the President of the United States.The CEIP former headquarters was designated as a National Historic Landmark (NHL) on May 30, 1974; in addition, the building is designated as a contributing property to the Lafayette Square Historic District, designated a NHL historic district on August 29, 1970.
Media in category "Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (former headquarters)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.