From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|This object is indexed in the Archaeological Survey of Ireland under SMR No. DG097-015004-
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment Viewer – Database record.
English: Cat Castle, also named Kits Castle, refers to St. Catherine, the patron saint of Killybegs. Possibly used as a bishop's residence since 1355, in 1622 still in the posession of the Bishop of Raphoe. Just a small north-east corner section of the wall survives. See entry 1919 in Brian Lacy: Archaeological Survey of County Donegal, ISBN 0-9508407-0-X.
Media in category "Cat Castle"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.