Category:Catholic old Hospice (Schmidt Compound, Jerusalem)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Deutsch: Das ehemalige Hospiz am Jaffator (Rechov Hillel 27) des Palästinavereins der Katholiken Deutschlands (1895 fusioniert zum Deutschen Verein vom Heiligen Lande), 1887 errichtet von Theodor Sandel. 1904 zogen das Hospiz, betreut von Borromäerinnen und die benachbarte Mädchenschule (1886 gegr.) des Vereins, 1890 bis 1907 geleitet vom Lazaristen-Pater Wilhelm Schmidt (1833–1908), in größere Bauten am Dasmaskustor, wo sie als Sankt-Paulus-Hospiz und Schmidt-Schule noch heute sitzen. Seit den 1940ern nutzt die Jerusalem Italian Jews Association (חברת יהודי איטליה לפעולה רוחנית) das alte Hospiz und betreibt dort ihre Italienische Synagoge und das Umberto Nahon Museum of Italian Jewish Art (1952 gegr.). Die 1952–54 eingerichtete Italienische Synagoge, die geborgene Einrichtungsstücke der 1701 erbauten und 1952 abgetragenen Synagoge in Conegliano birgt, ist aktiv und folgt dem italienischen Ritus.
English: The former Hospice at Jaffa Gate (Hospiz am Jaffator; Rechov Hillel 27) of the Palestine Association of Germany's Catholics (Palästinaverein der Katholiken Deutschlands; merged in the Deutscher Verein vom Heiligen Lande [German Association of the Holy Land] in 1895), built by Theodor Sandel in 1887. In 1904 the hospice, looked after by Sisters of Mercy of St. Borromeo and their adjacent girls school (est. 1886), led by the Lazarist Father Wilhelm Schmidt (1833–1908) between 1890 and 1907, moved to a bigger premise at Dasmascus Gate, now called St. Paul Hospice and Schmidt School. Since 1940s the Jerusalem Italian Jews Association (חברת יהודי איטליה לפעולה רוחנית) owns the building and runs here the active Italian rite Italian Synagogue, and the Umberto Nahon Museum of Italian Jewish Art (opened in 1952).
Français : Jérusalem centre - Quartier "NAKHALAT SHIV'A" - synagogue italienne, 27, rue Hillel. A l'origine ce bâtiment est un hospice construit en 1887 par des catholiques allemands, déménagé à la Porte de Damas en 1904. Depuis 1952, il abrite une synagogue italienne, utilisant l'intérieur de l'ancienne synagogue de Conegliano, bâtie en 1701 et démolie en 1952, et un musée sur le l'art juif italien.
עברית: האכסניה לשעבר של האיגוד הארצישראלי קתוליים של גרמניה,עכשיו בית הכנסת כמנהג בני רומה ומוזיאון על שם א. נהון על אומנות יהודית איטלקית
Italiano: Il Tempio italiano (ex-sinagoga di Conegliano) a Gerusalemme della Comunita' Ebraica di Gerusalemme ed il Museo U. Nahon di Arte Ebraica Italiana.

Subcategories

This category has only the following subcategory.

Media in category "Catholic old Hospice (Schmidt Compound, Jerusalem)"

The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.