Category:Charles Joseph Grips
|Charles Joseph Grips (1825–1920)|
|Alternative names||Carel Jozeph Grips|
|Date of birth/death||22 November 1825||1920|
|Location of birth/death||Grave||Vught|
|Work location||Grave, Brussels, Vught|
English: Born in Grave, Holland, 22nd November 1825, Grips went to Antwerp in Belgium in 1837. He studied at the Antwerp Academy, subsequently becoming a pupil of Jan Hendrich van Grootvelt (1808–1865). Grips divided his time between his native town of Grave and Brussels before finally settling in Vught in 1881. He visited Germany and exhibited there in addition to Brussels, Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam and like so many artists of the Low Countries his popularity spread to Great Britain. Grips was renowned for his kitchen interiors, highly detailed compositions in the seventeenth century manner of de Hooch.
Pages in category "Charles Joseph Grips"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Charles Joseph Grips"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Charles Joseph Grips - Doing the Needlework, 1864.jpg 1,018 × 1,245; 847 KB
- Charles Joseph Grips - Ik ben zoo klaar met schuren, 1866.jpg 512 × 673; 53 KB
- Charles Joseph Grips - The Spinner's Favorite, 1866.jpg 2,538 × 3,200; 4.85 MB
- Charles Joseph Grips - Opportunity Makes a Thief, 1875.jpg 1,304 × 1,712; 900 KB
- Charles Joseph Grips - A Woman at a Loom, 1879.jpg 1,304 × 1,089; 650 KB
- Charles Joseph Grips - A Domestic Interior, 1881.jpg 956 × 1,239; 768 KB
- Charles Joseph Grips - The Artist's Studio, 1882.jpg 541 × 700; 105 KB
- Charles Joseph Grips - Waiting for a Loved One , 1894.jpg 2,373 × 3,200; 4.66 MB
- Portret van Burgemeester B.R.P. Hasselman.jpg 488 × 600; 30 KB